Who is young carer?
A Young Carer is a young person aged between 8-18, who looks after or helps to look after someone at home who is affected by:
- Learning/Physical Disability
- Physical/Mental Ill Health
- Drug/Alcohol Misuse
- A relation who is elderly or frail
What do young carers do?
Young Carers may help with any of these:
- Looking after Brothers/Sisters
- Giving Medicine
- Listening to worries
How can we help?
We can help by providing support:
- Information and advice
- 1 to 1 support
- A break from your caring role
- Someone to listen to your problems